Meeting Room & Event Space for Rent
Located in the historic Presidio of San Francisco, Tides Thoreau Center is a thriving nonprofit center that houses 75 nonprofits and social enterprises on its twelve-building campus, including two art galleries and an organic cafe. Tides is an ideal location to conduct meetings and events, with beautifully landscaped grounds and views of the Golden Gate Bridge.
To inquire about availability, please contact email@example.com or call 415-561-6300.
For images and descriptions of available spaces, click here.
2017 Facility Availability & Rates
|Tide Pool &
|Full Weekday (9am-5pm)*||Nonprofit||$525||$350||N/A||N/A|
(up to 4 hours)
|Full Weekend Day (9am-5pm)*||Nonprofit||$725||Break-out Only||$725||$725|
*Building opens at 8:30am and closes at 5pm. Any rentals that extend beyond those hours will be charged a flat rate of $150 per additional hour or fraction thereof.
NOTE: This is an historic “green” building with minimal mechanical systems. Operable windows are available in every space for ventilation.
Included in the Rental Fee
- Tables and chairs: all easily moveable for converting the room to meet the needs of your group. Tides’ staff can set the room for a fee (see below); otherwise, guests are welcome to move the furniture however they please (though are expected to re-set the room prior to leaving).
- Speaker phone: though guests must provide their own conference dial in number if more than one person will be joining remotely.
- Wifi: network name and password is posted in every room.
- Large LCD monitor: for video conference, video sharing, and/or presentations.
- Projector screen/blank wall: a projector is available upon request.
- Water pitchers/glasses for water (upon request): includes access to Tides’ kitchen for filtered water.
Additional Services for Purchase
- Break-Out Room: $150
- Audio Amplification (mic, speakers): $75
- On-Site A/V Support: $100
- Room Set-Up/Reset: $150
Clients are required to submit a certificate of insurance (COI) and must have a minimum general liability insurance coverage of $1,000,000 per occurrence/$2,000,000 aggregate. Download full requirements to submit to your agent or broker here.
We’re flexible! Tides has no restrictions on outside catering, though if you’re still looking at options, there’s a great on-site organic cafe, Cafe Rx, that can handle your event, no matter what the size. Caterers are expected to reduce waste whenever possible, including using compostable flatware & reusable serving ware. No single-use water bottles permitted.
Directions & Parking
Tides Thoreau Center is located inside the Presidio of San Francisco. Parking is $8 for the day both in the lots and on the streets surrounding the building. The meters accept both coins and credit cards. The Presidio is also serviced by a number of public transportation routes, including a free shuttle from downtown. Detailed parking maps and public transportation options are available through the Presidio Trust.
Rental fees can be paid online by credit card or by check (made out to Tides Network, P.O. Box 29198, San Francisco, CA 94129).